See The Child Bride Who Poisoned Her Husband In Kano State

Child-bride, Wasila Umar, accused of killing her husband and three of his friends while injuring many others after she served them poisoned food, in Kano, says she regrets her action.



"Mine was a classical example of youthful exuberance; it dawned on me shortly after that it was a joke taken too far to resolve a forced marriage question", Wasila, 14, said. The killings happened only 17 days after their marriage.


The suspect, in tears as she spoke at Bompai police headquarters, Kano, where she was being detained, added: "I have never enjoyed the opportunity of going to Islamic school or acquiring Western education. My father forced me into this mess by stubbornly forcing me into a relationship I was not prepared to live in ".





The girl, who hails from Yansoro- Kademi in  Gaya local government area of Kano State, revealed that "though my target was my late husband, I must confess that my blood went cold when I realized I had committed mass murder".




Wasila is in police custody for killing her husband, Umar Sani, 35, and three of his friends on the spot even  as 10 others were hospitalized shortly after eating a  local meal mixed with rat poison at Yansoro –Kademi, last week.




Narrating how she executed the mass murder, she said, "On the fateful day, my husband's meal was prepared by the senior wife and put  in my room as I was due in fulfillment of his rotational duty in a polygamous setting.



"I obtained the rat poison for just N100 and, at my convenience, mixed it with the local dish prepared for him. When he returned home for the feast, he came with those who were destined to die with him. I was restless but could not stop it from happening.